Below you find a summary of the reports we found on sea foam occurrence, rescue or articles that describe the formation and role of sea foam in the aquatic environment.
Occurrences and rescues of Sea Foam globally
2021 – 2020
- 21 january 2020: Tossa del mar. No casualties reported. https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-51207955
- 11 May 2020, Scheveningen, The Netherlands. 5 persons drowned. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52920048
- 13 July 2020, Cape Town, South Africa. No casualties reported. https://www.iol.co.za/capeargus/news/watch-cape-storm-brings-waves-of-foam-along-sea-point-shoreline-50915396
- 28 September 2020 Cornwall, United Kingdom, 2 persons and a dog rescued out of sea foam: https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/09/28/dog-immersed-in-sea-foam-rescued-by-helicopter-after-getting-stuck-on-ledge/
- 28 October 2020, Cornwall United Kingdom. Beachgoers and lifeguard vehicle covered in sea foam. https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/pictures-video-show-sea-foam-4649777
- 16 December 2020. Sunshine Coast, Australia. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9057709/Experts-reveal-potentially-deadly-reasons-NEVER-swim-sea-foam.html
- 25 January 2021 Cleveleys, United Kingdom, 25 January 2021. https://www.visitcleveleys.co.uk/environment/coast-watchers/sea-foam-on-cleveleys-seafront/
2020 – earlier
9. Wikipedia overview sea foam occurences https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_foam#Notable_occurrences
Other references regarding Sea Foam
- Philippart KB, A.; Bolhuis, H.; Brandenburg, K.; Brussaard, C.; Gerkema, T.; Herman, P.; Hommersom, A.; Jacobs, P.; Laanen, M.; van Leeuwe, M. A.; van den Oever, A.; Peters, S.; Philippart, M.; Pitarch, J.; Prins, T.; Ruddick, K.; Spaias, L.; van de Waal, D.; Van der Zande, D.; Zuur, A. Quick scan Zeeschuim. Aquatische Ecologie; 2020. (Dutch Article. Link: https://www.nioz.nl/application/ files/flowpaper/quick_scan_ZEESCHUIM/#page=1)
- Schilling K, Zessner M. Foam in the aquatic environment. Water research2011; 45 (15):4355-4366.
- Christopher J. Gobler. Climate Change and Harmful Algal Blooms: Insights and perspective. Harmful Algae, Volume 91, 2020. Link: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1568988319302045