WCSM 2018 speakers
Professor Mike Tipton knows everything there is to know about the physiological and psychological responses to adverse environments.
(alphabetical order by last name) Click on a speaker name to find out more!
- Matt Barlow: Senior Lecturer in Exercise Physiology, with a special interest in marine sports
- Tijs van Bezeij: water as therapy
- Delphine Besson: life experience on surfing with a neuromuscular disease.
- Emily Currie: Stoked surfer who will represent GB during the olympics
- Hylmar Elsenga: Emergency Physician, lifeguard, driving force behind our Basic Surf Life Support course (BSLS)
- Markus Emerich: Traveler, surfer and a loves his work as Ear-Nose-Throat Surgery Resident and scientist
- Terry Farrel: Medical Director of the WSL big wave tour
- Roberto Gomez Tarle: Dermatologist and surfer, will update us on UV-related skin diseases
- Mischa Goettinger: Driving force behind the Surf Life Support Courses, SMI app developer, sports physician
- Loes Hanck: Addiction Medicine Specialist, will update us on substance abuse in athletes
- Nick Houndsfield: Expert on surfing in artificial environments
- Vibeke Hjortdal: Professor in Cardiothoracic Surgery (MD, PhD, DMSc)
- Takeshi Kojima: Orthopedic surgeon with a special interest in surfing injuries
- Leon Meijer: Physiotherapist with a special interest in kitesurfing injuries
- Paddy Morgan: Trauma team leader and anaesthetist with a special interest in drowning
- Anton Page: Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI), will update us on bystander rescue
- RNLI lifeguards: Get active and learn from the RNLI lifeguards in our beach workshop
Keep this page on refresh, as more and more speakers will be added to the list!
See you in september at the World Conference on Surfing Medicine!
Get your tickets NOW!