Grow at one of our live events. Add to your knowledge and get trained in water and medical skills. Certified events for surfers, venues and health professionals.
2023 Key events
Live Online Events
Live webinars are a unique way of growing your knowledge and connections with likeminded surfers and professionals.
The webinars provide education for everyone on the most common topics around Surfing & Health.
Access to the recordings of webinars are exclusive to registered members of the SMI affiliate programme.
Next webinar: Bystander Rescue and injury prevention amongst surfers
25 January 2023
21:30 CET / 5:30 UTC-3 / 12:30 UTC-8
Host: Prof Joel Oliveira, PhD
Members of the SMI affiliate programme will have exclusively access to the recordings by email on upcoming live webinars.
Not an SMI affiliate yet? Sign up now
Surf Life Support
No matter what your previous first aid background is – we got you covered. Surf Life Support™ provides tailor-made courses for surfers, health professionals. surf schools, or whatever you love about the ocean.
With years of experience in teaching, health and surfing our Surf Life Support™ team is proud to provide the globally leading course in Surf First Aid. We have tailor-made formats for everyone:
AdvancedSurf Life Support
- for Health Professionals
- 7 day course
- Extensive Course Manual & Handbook
- Extensive practical training, medical workshops & scenarious, lifesaving, pre-hospital care, outdoor medicine, etc.
- Including accommodation, course materials, coffee breaks, lunch, etc.
- Fully accredited, CME credits
BasicSurf Life Support
- For Everyone
- Live course on demand
- Instructed by surfing doctors & lifeguards
- Practical Hands on training
- Rescue training in water
- Surf First Aid training incl. CPR
- Surf specific presentations
- Course certificate
CustomSurf Life Support
- for Surf Schools, Wave Pools, Companies
- Custom duration, matching your needs
- Custom online preparation & handbbook
- Customized pracitcal and handson training in Surf First Aid & Life Saving
- Including course materials
- Course Certificates*
- Custom made for you
SpecialSurf Life Support
- Special Edition
- Deep dive in specific topics
- Multi-day Course
- Mixed lectures with hands-on workshops
- Inspiring locations with world class waves
- Including education in beach settings
- Accredited Medical Education
World Conference in Surfing Medicine
Meet likeminded surfing health and medicine enthusiast during this yearly during this yearly three-day event.
The team of SMI is working hard on the next live post-covid event, subscribe to our newsletter below to stay up to date.
Learn about topics such as event management, training and conditioning, performance psychology, nutrition and anti-doping regulation, injury prevention, local and environmental hazards – e.g. marine envenomation, and gender-specific health needs. In addition, core Surfing Medicine topics such as drowning prevention and pre-hospital response will be examined.
Other Live Events
Surfing Medicine International gives back to the surfing community with short liver everyone events since 2014. Informants like “Surfer’s Academy”. The events are made to learn together, to get hands-on training on basic techniques and to connect surfers with professionals in training, health care, environmental topics, among other.