After the very positive feedback and big success of last year’s ASLS™ course we are hard at work to improve the course even further and there is some very exiting news to be revealed over the next few weeks. Only few course places left – get yours now!
Every good surf begins with preparation and paddling out. This is what the arrival day is for – on Sunday the 4th of May registration will be held from 16:30 to 18:30. To freshen yourself after traveling, we have a sunset surf session scheduled. Once you have casted off the everyday stress in the water, we will enjoy a welcome dinner together, starting 20:30.
The practical 6-day-course itself will start on Monday the 5th of May at 08:30 and will deliver a wide array of theoretical and practical lessons and scenarios, covering diverse medical fields, rescuing techniques and lifeguarding, among others. Oh, and yes: there will be plenty of time for surfing, too. Since we strive for the highest possible level of medicine, you will get the chance to prepare yourself for the course with „The bible of wilderness medicine“ and complementary literature – all state of the art, in-depth and free to this year’s course participants.
Further details on the literature will be announced shortly. On Saturday the 10th of May the course will finish with a written exam and evaluation, after which we will have a final collective surf. Fresh again? We hope so, because you are heartily invited to celebrate at the closing dinner party.
All further details regarding the 5 days in-between will be revealed in good time. 6 nights in beautifully crafted cottages are included in the course fee, as stated on the registration page. If you wish to stay additional nights in advance or after, this can easily be arranged at a special price.
Just let us know in advance so we can arrange things. In the near future we will provide further details on the course to all registered participants! If you have any questions feel free to contact us anytime. The upcoming ASLS™ course 2014 is almost fully booked – get your place now!
- Arrival day: Sunday 4th of May 2014. Registration 16:30 – 18:30, sunset surf session, welcome dinner.
- Course dates: Monday 5th until Saturday 10th of May, 2014.
- Location: Vila Ana Margarida, Ericeira, Portugal, a 35 minute drive (45 km) from Lisbon airport.
- Stay: 6 nights of accommodation included in the course fee. Cottages incl. kitchen, 2-3 persons. If additional nights before or after the course shall be arranged for you, please let us know.
- Applicants: Medical Doctors, Allied Healthcare Professionals.
- Aim: To prepare and train MDs in Advanced Life Support at remote surf locations, and to learn and master basic aquatic life saving rescue techniques.
- Course fee: €920
- Included: Welcome dinner, coffee breaks including snacks, closing dinner party, celebration drinks. Breakfast excluded, convenience store & cafe on the other side of the street.
Application open now! Head to over to the registration page! Only very few course places left – get your’s now!